Subject: Fwd: [cp-global] proposal: shut down lists.cryptoparty.org

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:52:19 +0300

Приветствую!

Друзья из cryptoparty.org/cryptoparty.is закрывают свои списки рассылки,
оставляя только один глобальный, так как сообщений даже в нём
практически нет. Говорят что последнее сообщение там было в сентябре
2016-го, интересно не мои ли это сообщения-копии? :-)
https://lists.cryptoparty.org/pipermail/ru/2016-September/thread.html
https://lists.cryptoparty.org/pipermail/rus/2016-September/thread.html

Оповещаю об этом, так как это было в теории хоть какое-то
централизованное место для кооперирования людей по поводу криптопати, на
которое можно было выйти из одной точки (международный сайт о криптопати).

----- Forwarded message from Kai Engert -----

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:27:39 +0200
From: Kai Engert
To: global <[email-masked]>
Subject: [cp-global] proposal: shut down lists.cryptoparty.org

(This isn't about this server on cryptoparty.is, no changes suggested here.)

For about 3 years we have been offering many mailing lists, one for each country
and language.

They have been used very rarely. In the year 2017, there hasn't been any post
yet. The last post was in September 2016.

I think this experiment has failed to help, and it doesn't justify the cost and
work to operate the service.

I suggest that we shut down lists.cryptoparty.org. It seems sufficient to have
just one list, e.g. international @ cryptoparty.is, where everyone is welcome to
post in their own language.

Kai

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF