Subject: Redo tries to access a .dep file of a failed target

From: spacefrogg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 12:31:04 +0000

Hi,

I'm running goredo 2.5.0 and sometimes, in more complex projects, redo 
tries to acccess the .dep file of a just-failed dependency target.  It 
produces the following error:
run.go:584: go.cypherpunks.ru/goredo/run.go:566: main.runScript.func6.1: 
open <path/to/target>.dep: no such file or directory

This is followed by, sometimes multiple, lines of:
err . <path/to/target>: was not built: no .dep

The original error is retained and also otherwise redo seems to be 
working correctly. So, this behaviour is just kind of redundant and 
produces a lot of noise. If it starts producing the first error message, 
it usually continues for all successively failing targets all to the 
top. I would expect there to be no .dep file when the target failed to 
execute, but may be that is an error in itself.

I wasn't able to come up with a simple MVP. In my trials it behaved as 
expected (printing one 'err . <target>: ...' line per target). I can 
only guess that it may have to do with multiple higher-level targets 
depending on the original failing target.

Best,
–Michael