Subject: Re: Multiple calls to redo-* for same target results in multiple .rec entries

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 12:13:08 +0300

Greetings!

*** goredo [2021-11-04 15:35]:
>main.go:484: foo/default.do: Size missing

Fixed in 1.19.0 release. Code does not check that it looks for
"ifchange" dependency. Thanks for the report!

Also there appeared another funny bug: when you redo foo/default.do, it
is passed, ok. But when you redo it again, then that foo/default.do
target itself is used as a .do to rebuild itself. Also fixed in 1.19.0.

>What do you think? goredo should treat dependencies the same as the other implementations, shouldn't it?

I am sure that everyone does it as it wish in practice and there is
completely no common denominator among implementations. goredo initial
design fully resembled github.com/leahneukirchen/redo-c and it has the
same dependency tracking behaviour. So at least there are two of us :-)
and redo-c seems to be quite popular.

And currently anyway I am still not sure if it is a problem (current
state) and if it is, then that behaviour/tracking should we expect.
Current "Size missing" error is error in the code not looking for the
record type.

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF