Subject: Re: Unclear what target the output relates to

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:57:38 +0300

Greetings!

*** spacefrogg [2023-09-28 13:55]:
>I do realize, that without complete log linearization, there still remains
>the following case when running parallel jobs: [...]

Yeah, I thought about that exact situation. But I assume that in
majority of cases that "(sl) TGT ..." output will be convenient and
enough. I will catch every stderr and prepend status line telling what
process output will follow now. And it will be prepended only if
different process started to output something. That will buffer only a
single line, that does not cost/delays anything. When A and B produces
output simultaneously, that will print something like:

    redo A (A.do) ...
    [some message from A]
    [some message from A]
    redo B (B.do) ...
    [some message from B]
    [some message from B]
    [some message from B]
    redo A (B.do) ...
    [some message from A]
    redo B (B.do) ...
    [some message from B]
    ...

I think that is good enough. In general you always understand who
produced the message. And there must not be any collision between
target's stderror and simultaneous printing of the status/progress
message from goredo. Will implement all of that in the next release.

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: 12AD 3268 9C66 0D42 6967  FD75 CB82 0563 2107 AD8A