Subject: goredo 2.0.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 19:56:21 +0300

I am pleased to announce goredo 2.0.0 release availability!

goredo is Go implementation of djb's redo,
Makefile replacement that sucks less.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* Huge quantity of performance optimisations.

* Fixed possible unexpected lock file closing.

* When resulting target has the same contents, it does not replace
  already existing one.  That was done previously.  But now it also
  copies the file's mode flags to the target (for example making it
  executable).

* If 'redo-*' command runs under control of another (top-level) redo,
  then it does not parse the flags as options and treat each argument
  as a target, allowing passing the targets with dashes in the
  beginning.

* Prevented possible concurrent stderr writing by multiple running
  targets.

* 'redo-depfix' command now always rewrites dependency files and
  calculates checksums of the files.

* Own binary format is used for dependency files ('.dep'), instead of
  recfile ('.rec') one.  It is several times smaller and much faster
  to parse.  You must run 'redo-depfix' to convert all existing
  '.redo/*.rec' files to that binary format.

* 'redo-dep2rec' command appeared, that can convert '.dep' to recfile
  on stdout.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

goredo's home page is: http://www.goredo.cypherpunks.ru/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.goredo.cypherpunks.ru/download/goredo-2.0.0.tar.zst (455 KiB)
    http://www.goredo.cypherpunks.ru/download/goredo-2.0.0.tar.zst.{asc,sig}

OpenPGP key: 7531 BB84 FAF0 BF35 960C  63B9 3A52 8DDE 952C 7E93
             goredo releases <[email-masked]>
OpenSSH key: SHA256:ddOaswnUBtNbuoEBYQtfcF59sR3Bvzo9pIfSlw9sKx8

Please send questions regarding the use of goredo, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: http://lists.cypherpunks.ru/goredo_002ddevel.html

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: 12AD 3268 9C66 0D42 6967  FD75 CB82 0563 2107 AD8A