Subject: FYI: jimredo

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2026 16:47:11 +0300

Greetings!

Just want to announce another redo implementation written by me on Jim
Tcl, which is very minimalistic and supports only full rebuilding:
http://www.git.stargrave.org/?p=jimredo.git&f=/jimredo
http://www.git.stargrave.org/?p=jimredo.git
It is aimed to be used in CI/CD systems, where only full build is
performed and where currently no Go compiler (and thus goredo) exists.
Jim requires only C compiler and no dependencies, very easy to build and
lightweight. No parallel builds, no dependency tracking, no any kind of
helpers, no fsyncing to atomically commit results.
An excerpt from its help:

          ------------------------ >8 ------------------------

jimredo expects to be called through symlinked on it commands:
* redo, redo-ifchange -- they are identical
* redo-ifcreate, redo-always -- they do nothing
* redo-whichdo

-d option (or $REDO_DEBUG=1) for redo turns on debug output.
-x option enables shell script target tracing.
-xx (or $REDO_TRACE=1) forces all targets to be traced.

jimredo respects goredo's $REDO_TOP_DIR environment variable and
.../.redo/top file to limit top directory searching.
It also respects $NO_COLOR to turn colouring off.

redo command leaves the .redo.built plain text file in the current
directory, where it keeps the list of built targets during the run.

-- 
 * Origin: Stargrave's homepage http://www.stargrave.org/