Subject: Re: File descriptor leak

From: Andrew Chambers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 12:31:37 +1200

> inside goredo leads to the question: how many arguments should be
> processed at once? Of course that could be configurable, but that is an
> additional burden for the end-user, completely the same as adding xargs.
One idea would perhaps have been to inspect ulimit, but I agree that is 
still just a guess.
>
>
> So with 1.25.0 that kind of problems should pass away. I do not like
> that, but seems that is pretty acceptable compromise, with only a minor
> changes in the code.
>
>
Thanks, I appreciate your reasoned approach to resolving the issue.
> By the way, just a remark, your default.do contains "set -o pipefail",
> that does not exist in POSIX shell. For example FreeBSD's /bin/sh tells:
>      set: Illegal option -o pipefail
>
Note this is accepted for upcoming POSIX, so in the end Freebsd will 
need to change :)

Kind regards,
Andrew Chambers