Subject: [EN] PyGOST 6.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 14:55:51 +0300

I am pleased to announce PyGOST 6.0 release availability!

PyGOST is free software pure Python GOST cryptographic functions library.
GOST is GOvernment STandard of Russian Federation (and Soviet Union).

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* Removed Python2 compatibility.
* Added SESPAKE (RFC 8133) algorithm support.
* Removed utils.bytes2long, utils.long2bytes,
  utils.xrange, utils.hexenc, utils.hexdec.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

PyGOST'es home page is: http://www.pygost.cypherpunks.su/

URLs to source code, its checksums and signatures can be found in an
attached Metalink4 file.

LibrePGP key: F55A 7619 3A0C 323A A031  0E6B E6FD 1269 CD0C 009E
              PyGOST releases <[email-masked]>
OpenSSH key: SHA256:/Z3T/T2sXaaunefAL6tz3ZykHTDYIMh5TLd9Hh9mxlU

Please send questions regarding the use of PyGOST, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: http://lists.cypherpunks.su/gost.html

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
LibrePGP: 12AD 3268 9C66 0D42 6967  FD75 CB82 0563 2107 AD8A