Subject: [Govpn-devel] GoVPN 3.1 release announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 19:52:27 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 3.1 release availability!

GoVPN is simple secure free software virtual private network daemon,
aimed to be reviewable, secure, DPI-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast PAKE DH A-EKE for mutual strong zero-knowledge peers
authentication. Data transport is encrypted, authenticated, hides
message's length and timestamp. PFS property, resistance to dictionary
attacks, replay attacks. Built-in heartbeating, rehandshaking, real-time
statistics, IPv4/IPv6-compatibility. GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

GoVPN's home page is: http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/
also available as Tor hidden service: http://vabu56j2ep2rwv3b.onion/govpn/

Source code for that version can be found here:
http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-3.1.tar.xz
SHA256: 4034a67eb472e33760ed1783ca871f531c3a6be99b9bd6213f4f83c1147c344b
and corresponding signature is:
http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-3.1.tar.xz.sig
GPG key ID: 0xFFE2F4A1 GoVPN release signing key
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

The main improvement for that release is:

Diffie-Hellman public keys are encoded with Elligator algorithm when
sending over the wire, making them indistinguishable from the random
strings, preventing detection of successful decryption try when guessing
passwords (that are used to create DSA public keys). But this will
consume twice entropy for DH key generation in average. Thanks to Watson
Ladd for the suggestion!

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev