Subject: Re: [Govpn-devel] build from last tarball

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 17:06:35 +0300

Greetings,

As I can see: you did everything right.

*** Alan Holt [2015-05-13 16:42]:
>root@farengeit:~/govpn# ./govpn-verifier -id *2e6cc6e97d496b29d0271f55 *-key
>/tmp/passphrase
>panic: ID is not specified

Well, at first I am going to replace that panics with short human
readable messages.

>*So because of this error, I can't continue with configuration from here.
>What I do wrong? *

The problem lies in the fact that /dev/random on FreeBSD and GNU/Linux
has different behaviour: In FreeBSD if you ask to give N bytes, then it
will give you that N bytes, but in Linux you can get less bytes if
kernel does not have enough entropy. "2e6cc6e97d496b29d0271f55" is 24
chars long, 96 bits, not 128. That is why govpn-verifier fails.

It is my mistake to assume that /dev/random under Linux works as in
FreeBSD. I made a commit in develop-branch. Please, remove you
2e6cc6e97d496b29d0271f55 peer and run newclient.sh again. Now it should
work as expected.

root@farengeit:~/govpn# rm -fr peers/2e6cc6e97d496b29d0271f55
root@farengeit:~/govpn# git pull
root@farengeit:~/govpn# ./utils/newclient.sh Alice

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev