Subject: Re: [Govpn-devel] build from last tarball

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 19:52:27 +0300

Greetings,

*** Alan Holt [2015-05-13 18:21]:
>*You can see on attached screenshot that both interface are up.*

But interface on the server side is no "RUNNING", as client's do.
Does up.sh in server's peer subdirectory contain something like echo
tap10? Will "ifconfig tap10 up" (or "ip link set up dev tap10") help?

>Looks like no traffic can go trough the tunnel.

I think that tunnel works (you can listen tcpdump over unencrypted
network part), but server's TAP is not running.

In FreeBSD I had to turn sysctl options:

    net.link.tap.user_open=1
    net.link.tap.up_on_open=1

The second one up-s the interface when tap device is opened. Maybe
something similar is needed under GNU/Linux (currently I do not have any
working under the hand).

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev