Subject: [Govpn-devel] GoVPN 3.3 release announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 13:10:25 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 3.3 release availability!

GoVPN is simple secure free software virtual private network daemon,
aimed to be reviewable, secure, DPI-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast PAKE DH A-EKE for mutual strong zero-knowledge peers
authentication. Data transport is encrypted, authenticated, hides
message's length and timestamp. PFS property, resistance to dictionary
attacks, replay attacks. Built-in heartbeating, rehandshaking, real-time
statistics, IPv4/IPv6-compatibility. GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

GoVPN's home page is: http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/
also available as Tor hidden service: http://vabu56j2ep2rwv3b.onion/govpn/

Source code for that version can be found here:
http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-3.3.tar.xz
SHA256: 1834a057215324f49d6272b2beb89f1532105156f7e853eae855659992ac0c84
and corresponding signature is:
http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-3.3.tar.xz.sig
GPG key ID: 0xFFE2F4A1 GoVPN release signing key
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

The main improvements for that release are:

* Compatibility with an old GNU Make 3.x. Previously only BSD Make
  and GNU Make 4.x were supported.
* /dev/urandom is used for correct client identity generation under
  GNU/Linux systems. Previously /dev/random can produce less than required
  128-bits of random.
* Updated user manual examples.

Many thanks to Alan Holt who helped to test and fix all the issues above!

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev