Subject: [Govpn-devel] GoVPN 4.0 release announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 00:07:11 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 4.0 release availability!

GoVPN is simple free software virtual private network daemon, aimed to
be reviewable, secure, DPI/censorship-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast strong passphrase authenticated key agreement protocol with
augmented zero-knowledge mutual peers authentication (PAKE DH A-EKE).
Encrypted, authenticated data transport that hides message's length and
timestamps. Perfect forward secrecy property. Resistance to: offline
dictionary attacks, replay attacks, client's passphrases compromising
and dictionary attacks on the server side. Built-in heartbeating,
rehandshaking, real-time statistics. Ability to work through UDP, TCP
and HTTP proxies. IPv4/IPv6-compatibility. GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

Changes from the previous latest 3.5 release are:

* Handshake messages can be noised: their messages lengths are
  hidden. Now they are indistinguishable from transport messages.
* Parallelized clients processing on the server side.
* Much higher overall performance.
* Single JSON file server configuration.

Notable summary changes since 3.0 release:

* Handshake message's payload is zero-knowledged (Elligator public keys
  encoding) and noised.
* Much higher performance. 2.x version on my single Core i5 notebook's
  CPU core gave ~100Mbps, 3.x version gave ~300-350Mbps. 4.0 version with
  Go 1.5, UDP transport, under FreeBSD give 786Mbps. Moreover server
  process clients in parallel.
* Ability to work over TCP transport.
* Ability to use HTTP proxies and act as an HTTP proxy (CONNECT method).
* Ability to use EGD-compatible PRNGs. You are not forced to use
  OS-provided /dev/random source anymore.
* Single JSON file server configuration.
* GoVPN is available as a FreeBSD port and AUR package:

    http://www.freshports.org/security/govpn/
    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/govpn/

----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

GoVPN's home page is: http://govpn.info -> http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/
also available as Tor hidden service: http://vabu56j2ep2rwv3b.onion/govpn/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-4.0.tar.xz (183 KiB)
    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-4.0.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: a791c3569c01dea8b18aa2f21d27b797ded76f2c33a8d96c2db864a9abf2615b
GPG key ID: 0xF2F59045FFE2F4A1 GoVPN release signing key
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

Please send questions regarding the use of GoVPN, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/mailman/listinfo/govpn-devel/

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev