Subject: [Govpn-devel] [EN] GoVPN 4.1 release announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 13:28:09 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 4.1 release availability!

GoVPN is simple free software virtual private network daemon, aimed to
be reviewable, secure, DPI/censorship-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast strong passphrase authenticated key agreement protocol with
augmented zero-knowledge mutual peers authentication (PAKE DH A-EKE).
Encrypted, authenticated data transport that hides message's length and
timestamps. Perfect forward secrecy property. Resistance to: offline
dictionary attacks, replay attacks, client's passphrases compromising
and dictionary attacks on the server side. Built-in heartbeating,
rehandshaking, real-time statistics. Ability to work through UDP, TCP
and HTTP proxies. IPv4/IPv6-compatibility. GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* Argon2d is used instead of PBKDF2 for password verifier hashing.
* Client's identity is stored inside the verifier, so it simplifies
  server-side configuration and the code.

----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

GoVPN's home page is: http://govpn.info -> http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/
also available as Tor hidden service: http://vabu56j2ep2rwv3b.onion/govpn/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-4.1.tar.xz (227 KiB)
    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-4.1.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: fbc7a730afe96384827dc1e1402c53165710ade5113d90531427c39172e40aca
GPG key ID: 0xF2F59045FFE2F4A1 GoVPN release signing key
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

Please send questions regarding the use of GoVPN, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/mailman/listinfo/govpn-devel/

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev