Subject: [Govpn-devel] [EN] GoVPN 5.1 release announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 17:18:12 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 5.1 release availability!

GoVPN is simple free software virtual private network daemon, aimed to
be reviewable, secure, DPI/censorship-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast strong passphrase authenticated key agreement protocol with
augmented zero-knowledge mutual peers authentication (PAKE DH A-EKE).
Encrypted, authenticated data transport that hides message's length and
timestamps. Optional encryptionless mode, that still preserves data
confidentiality. Perfect forward secrecy property. Resistance to:
offline dictionary attacks, replay attacks, client's passphrases
compromising and dictionary attacks on the server side. Built-in
heartbeating, rehandshaking, real-time statistics. Ability to work
through UDP, TCP and HTTP proxies. IPv4/IPv6-compatibility.
GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* Server is configured using YAML file. It is very convenient to have
  comments and templates, comparing to JSON.
* Incompatible with previous versions replacement of HSalsa20 with
  BLAKE2b in handshake code.

----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

GoVPN's home page is: http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/ (http://govpn.info/)
also available as Tor hidden service: http://vabu56j2ep2rwv3b.onion/govpn/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-5.1.tar.xz (287 KiB)
    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-5.1.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: 0d456c5683287dca31f8c3302eb9a9329feab82bc1fbdb0098fca991513536d1
GPG key ID: 0xF2F59045FFE2F4A1 GoVPN release signing key
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

Please send questions regarding the use of GoVPN, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/govpn-devel/

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev