Subject: Re: [Govpn-devel] build from last tarball

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 01:08:57 +0300

Greetings!

*** Alan Holt <[email-masked]> [Tue, 19 Jan 2016 21:04:49 +0200]:
>how are you?

I am fine, thanks!

>src/govpn/peer.go:381: undefined: bytes.LastIndexByte
>src/govpn/verifier.go:83: undefined: base64.RawStdEncoding
>src/govpn/verifier.go:93: undefined: base64.RawStdEncoding
>src/govpn/verifier.go:108: undefined: base64.RawStdEncoding
>src/govpn/verifier.go:117: undefined: base64.RawStdEncoding
>make: *** [govpn-client] Error 2

I checked the building under Go 1.3.x. It fails with the same reason.
That means that GoVPN minimally requires at least Go 1.4. Seems that
Ubuntu and CentOS has an outdated Go versions. I will add minimal
requirements version to the documentation and the website. Thanks for
the note.

But I highly recommend to use at least 1.5 version -- it gives *very*
high performance boost!

>On FreeBSD and Arch it compiled well, but interesting to know which
>dependencies are missing.

Those operating systems have very fresh software versions, as a rule.

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev