Subject: [Govpn-devel] [EN] GoVPN 5.7 release announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:08:30 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 5.7 release availability!

GoVPN is simple free software virtual private network daemon, aimed to
be reviewable, secure, DPI/censorship-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast strong passphrase authenticated key agreement protocol with
augmented zero-knowledge mutual peers authentication (PAKE DH A-EKE).
Encrypted, authenticated data transport that hides message's length and
timestamps. Optional encryptionless mode, that still preserves data
confidentiality. Perfect forward secrecy property. Resistance to:
offline dictionary attacks, replay attacks, client's passphrases
compromising and dictionary attacks on the server side. Built-in
heartbeating, rehandshaking, real-time statistics. Ability to work
through UDP, TCP and HTTP proxies. IPv4/IPv6-compatibility.
GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

- ----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* TAP interface name and remote peer's address are passed to up- and
  down- scripts through environment variables.
* Update Argon2 library to use version 1.3 of the algorithm.
  All previous verifiers won't work with it! You have to regenerate them!

- ----------------8<-----------------8<-----------------8<----------------

GoVPN's home page is: http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/ (http://govpn.info/)
also available as Tor hidden service: http://vabu56j2ep2rwv3b.onion/govpn/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-5.7.tar.xz (312 KiB)
    http://www.cypherpunks.ru/govpn/download/govpn-5.7.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: 17a8a223e2d9d4fd537f8de802bc6c72f16ebf8a8c5430e3fbf045c304f9dfec
GPG key ID: 0xF2F59045FFE2F4A1 GoVPN release signing key
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

Please send questions regarding the use of GoVPN, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/govpn-devel/

-- 
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev