Subject: [Govpn-devel] [EN] GoVPN 6.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 17:06:56 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 6.0 release availability!

GoVPN is simple free software virtual private network daemon, aimed to
be reviewable, secure, DPI/censorship-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast strong passphrase authenticated key agreement protocol with
augmented zero-knowledge mutual peers authentication (PAKE DH A-EKE).
Encrypted, authenticated data transport that hides message's length and
timestamps. Optional encryptionless mode, that still preserves data
confidentiality. Perfect forward secrecy property. Resistance to:
offline dictionary attacks, replay attacks, client's passphrases
compromising and dictionary attacks on the server side. Built-in
heartbeating, rehandshaking, real-time statistics. Ability to work
through UDP, TCP and HTTP proxies. IPv4/IPv6-compatibility.
GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

Argon2d is replaced with Balloon hashing. Found Argon2 libraries written
on pure Go have various problems. Moreover Argon2i should be used
instead, but it has some possible cryptographic defects. So it is
replaced with much more simpler (and seems even cryptographically
better) Balloon hashing.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

GoVPN's home page is: http://www.govpn.info/
also available as Tor hidden service: http://2wir2p7ibeu72jk3.onion/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.govpn.info/download/govpn-6.0.tar.xz (310 KiB)
    http://www.govpn.info/download/govpn-6.0.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: 3ACAE3B9 884F3260 38FCA9CE 6A309DF6 71BE6386 1FB2058B C79AE7DC 2A1A1811
GPG key ID: 0xF2F59045FFE2F4A1 GoVPN releases <[email-masked]>
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

Please send questions regarding the use of GoVPN, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/govpn-devel/

-- 
Happy hacking