Subject: [govpn-devel] [EN] GoVPN 7.1 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:57:43 +0300

I am pleased to announce GoVPN 7.1 release availability!

GoVPN is simple free software virtual private network daemon, aimed to
be reviewable, secure, DPI/censorship-resistant, written on Go.

It uses fast strong passphrase authenticated key agreement protocol with
augmented zero-knowledge mutual peers authentication (PAKE DH A-EKE).
Encrypted, authenticated data transport that hides message's length and
timestamps. Optional encryptionless mode, that still preserves data
confidentiality. Perfect forward secrecy property. Resistance to:
offline dictionary attacks, replay attacks, client's passphrases
compromising and dictionary attacks on the server side. Built-in
heartbeating, rehandshaking, real-time statistics. Ability to work
through UDP, TCP and HTTP proxies. IPv4/IPv6-compatibility.
GNU/Linux and FreeBSD support.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

At first I would like to thank Bruno Clermont for finding nasty bug in
GoVPN's source code!

This is bugfix release: client's identity generation and detection code
was buggy and simultaneous clients may be incorrectly identified,
preventing their connection establishing and allowing DPI to detect
GoVPN packets.

Dependent cryptographic libraries are updated and contain various
assembly related optimizations.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

GoVPN's home page is: http://www.govpn.info/
also available as Tor hidden service: http://2wir2p7ibeu72jk3.onion/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.govpn.info/download/govpn-7.1.tar.xz (289 KiB)
    http://www.govpn.info/download/govpn-7.1.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: DB656A87 508D6902 B9C8964D C20937BF C95E1E78 1998311F F8F85A95 F64862BB
GPG key ID: 0xF2F59045FFE2F4A1 GoVPN releases <[email-masked]>
Fingerprint: D269 9B73 3C41 2068 D8DA  656E F2F5 9045 FFE2 F4A1

Please send questions regarding the use of GoVPN, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/govpn-devel/

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF