Subject: Re: [govpn-devel] Invalid server's random number

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 23:36:45 +0300

Greetings!

*** Le Blanc <[email-masked]> [2017-03-01 19:30]:
>sometimes my client disconect from the govpn-server, when I try to
>reconnect the govpn-client with the same key I've used and same config, I
>have a "Invalid server's random number' on the server side, and if I
>restart the server it's work again.
>I don't known if the problem is on my side (configuration issue, I've
>checked a lot before posting here), or network related, or it's govpn.
>Before 7.0 this kind of stuff never happen (as far as I can remember).

Well, this is not the first time that issue is reported:
https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/govpn-devel/2016-October/000098.html
But it happened even before 7.0 release. Bruno Clermont said that it
worked in TCP transport mode. He made some refactorings of the code and
possibly this bug does not appear anymore in his case. I could not
reproduce that issue and have never seen in my setups, but I use
FreeBSD (most other users GNU/Linux one).

Honestly I do not know what to suggest, just to use print-s to debug
what is happening. Unfortunately I have not met that kind of bug: but I
use all GoVPN versions between my computer every days, passing all
traffic through it and govpn-server is stayed alive without any restarts
(until reboot or GoVPN upgrade are required).

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF