Subject: [nncp-devel] [EN] NNCP 4.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 16:57:24 +0300

I am pleased to announce NNCP 4.0 release availability!

NNCP (Node to Node copy) is a collection of utilities simplifying
secure store-and-forward files and mail exchanging.

This utilities are intended to help build up small size (dozens of
nodes) ad-hoc friend-to-friend (F2F) statically routed darknet
delay-tolerant networks for fire-and-forget secure reliable files, file
requests, Internet mail and commands transmission. All packets are
integrity checked, end-to-end encrypted (E2EE), explicitly authenticated
by known participants public keys. Onion encryption is applied to
relayed packets. Each node acts both as a client and server, can use
push and poll behaviour model.

Out-of-box offline sneakernet/floppynet, dead drops, sequential and
append-only CD-ROM/tape storages, air-gapped computers support. But
online TCP daemon with full-duplex resumable data transmission exists.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* *Incompatible* encrypted and eblob packet format change: AEAD
  encryption mode with 128 KiB blocks is used now, because previously
  nncp-toss did not verify encrypted packet's MAC before feeding
  decrypted data to external command. Older versions are not supported.
* Available free space checking before copying in nncp-xfer,
  nncp-daemon, nncp-call(er).
* nncp-call has ability only to list packets on remote node, without
  their transmission.
* nncp-call has ability to transfer only specified packets.
* Workability of xxrate preference in calls configuration file section.
* Dependant libraries are updated.
* Minor bugfixes.
* Begin using of go.mod subsystem.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

NNCP's home page is: http://www.nncpgo.org/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-4.0.tar.xz (1227 KiB)
    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-4.0.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: EAFA6272 22E355FC EB772A90 FC6DEA8E AE1F1695 3F48A4A3 57ADA0B4 FF918452
GPG key ID: 0x2B25868E75A1A953 NNCP releases <[email-masked]>
Fingerprint: 92C2 F0AE FE73 208E 46BF  F3DE 2B25 868E 75A1 A953

Please send questions regarding the use of NNCP, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/nncp-devel/

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF