Subject: [nncp-devel] [EN] NNCP 5.3.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 21:19:40 +0300

I am pleased to announce NNCP 5.3.0 release availability!

NNCP (Node to Node copy) is a collection of utilities simplifying
secure store-and-forward files and mail exchanging.

This utilities are intended to help build up small size (dozens of
nodes) ad-hoc friend-to-friend (F2F) statically routed darknet
delay-tolerant networks for fire-and-forget secure reliable files, file
requests, Internet mail and commands transmission. All packets are
integrity checked, end-to-end encrypted (E2EE), explicitly authenticated
by known participants public keys. Onion encryption is applied to
relayed packets. Each node acts both as a client and server, can use
push and poll behaviour model.

Out-of-box offline sneakernet/floppynet, dead drops, sequential and
append-only CD-ROM/tape storages, air-gapped computers support. But
online TCP daemon with full-duplex resumable data transmission exists.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* Progress messages contain prefix, describing the running action.
* Fixed not occurring handshake messages padding.
* Finish all SP protocol related goroutines, less memory leak.
* SP protocol generates less socket write calls, thus generating less
  TCP packets.
* Check "onlinedeadline" and "maxonlinetime" options every second,
  independently from socket reads (up to 10 seconds).
* Once per minute, if no other traffic exists, PING packets are sent
  in SP-connection.  That allows faster determining of connection
  unworkability.
* nncp-toss uses lock-file to prevent simultaneous tossing.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

NNCP's home page is: http://www.nncpgo.org/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-5.3.0.tar.xz (1112 KiB)
    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-5.3.0.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: 9F093115 506D00E7 2E41ACD6 3F283172 8430E1C2 8BA4A941 FFA3C65D 89AD4ED0
GPG key ID: 0x2B25868E75A1A953 NNCP releases <[email-masked]>
Fingerprint: 92C2 F0AE FE73 208E 46BF  F3DE 2B25 868E 75A1 A953

Please send questions regarding the use of NNCP, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/nncp-devel/

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF