Subject: Re: NNCP with SP via high-latency links and TCP timeouts

From: Marek Küthe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2025 20:49:18 +0000

Thanks for the quick reply!

On Sat, 18 Jan 2025 23:38:20 +0300
Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Well, 30sec latency is anomalously huge delay for IP-link. Even
> communication with geostationary satellite has less than 1s RTT.
> I can imagine only very buffer-bloated stack, that adds such huge
> latencies.

The latency occurred when I used IP via Meshtastic. Meshtastic itself
uses LoRa (by default in long-fast mode).

> Delay-tolerant networking and all that subject is not about
> workability of online/SP protocol, but about packets lying in
> the spool and having no explicit eviction time, just waiting
> when someone, possibly by using store-and-forward method, with
> removable media, will take them out.

However, as far as I understand it, only the SP supports Perfect
Forward Secrecy (PFS), right?

-- 
Marek Küthe
[email-masked]
er/ihm he/him