Subject: [nncp-devel] Getting NNCP compiled under Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04

From: "Shawn K. Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 04:46:41 -0600

Ubuntu 16.04 is easy:

# apt install golang

and the usual commands should then work.

Ubuntu 14.04 is another animal entirely:

# apt-get install golang-1.6

and then you need this bit of hackish horror to get a successful compile
in place of the usual make command:

$ PATH=/usr/lib/go-1.6/bin:$PATH make -C nncp-0.1 all

The reason for this is there appears to be no way to tell Ubuntu to use
the 1.6 version of Go as the default in 14.04. Otherwise, if you have
the golang package installed, it wants to use that version, somewhere in
the 1.2 series, which is simply too old. If you only have golang-1.6
installed it simply won't find the go executable.

-- 
Shawn K. Quinn <[email-masked]>
http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com