Subject: Re: nncp-bundle, nncp-caller, and .seen not working?

From: John Goerzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 09:37:58 -0600

On Wed, Dec 30 2020, Sergey Matveev wrote:

> packet's header. I have fixed that in:

Thanks!

> By the way, I plan to add ability to create uncompressed 
> nncp-exec
> packets. Currently nncp-exec always compresses the data inside, 
> because
> originally it was used only for email transmission. I will add 
> another
> plain packet type and an additional command line option for 
> nncp-exec.
> Everything will stay the same and backwards compatibility with 
> existing
> nncp-exec-generated packets won't break. After that I will 
> create new
> release with current nncp-bundle fix and documentation updates.

Interesting!  I just happened across an apparent memory leak in 
nncp-exec in which it was using over 1GB of RAM.  To be sure, I 
may have been piping several GB of data to it.  But I would expect 
it to stream out the data as it is read from stdin, hopefully?  I 
wonder if this is related?

Thanks again for NNCP.  I am really appreciating it!

- John