Subject: Receiving non-local packets from bundle

From: John Goerzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 10:26:23 -0600

Hi Sergey,

I have a question about nncp-bundle.

The documentation says:

"You can specify multiple NODE arguments, telling for what nodes you
want to create the stream, or take it from. If no nodes are specified
for -rx mode, then all packets aimed at us will be processed."

My question is: what happens when nodes other than the local node are
given as part of that list?  Presumably in that case, NNCP is unable to
decrypt the packets.  Does it just copy what it received from the bundle
into the tx directory for that node?  Does it apply via routing logic if
such is given in nncp.hjson for that node (like redir, wrapping the
packet in a transitional one)?

I note that nncp-xfer doesn't have that kind of option, though it could
certainly have the same sort of scenario.  Is there a particular reason
for that?

Thanks,

John