Subject: Re: nncp-bundle, nncp-caller, and .seen not working?

From: John Goerzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 23:36:40 -0600

Happy New Year!

On Wed, Dec 30 2020, Sergey Matveev wrote:
> Should not be any. Currently do not know where it can raise that 
> error.
> Will look at it later, probably when the "new scheme" will be 
> implemented.
>

I'm getting things like this periodically:

Dec 31 12:41:00 hostname nncp-caller[14357]: E 
2020-12-31T18:41:00.090076849Z
[sp-recv err="xdr:decodeArray: data exceeds max slice limit - 
read: '415373007'"
nice="255" node="L...Q"]

Dec 31 15:48:00 hostname nncp-caller[14357]: E 
2020-12-31T21:48:00.046258445Z
[sp-recv err="xdr:decodeArray: data exceeds max slice limit - 
read:
'3814302942'" nice="255"
node="L...Q"]

It doesn't seem to result in any harm in the end, though I will 
note that multi-GB files seem to cause either the caller or the 
daemon to hang up.  It's not entirely clear which, but it seems 
that the caller takes awhile to finish the write (a fsync?  or 
hash verification?) and the daemon times out, perhaps killing 
simultaneous transfers (it appears that's a thing?)

The nice value is odd too; I've never explicitly set anything to 
nice 255.  Maybe some form of corruption?

Thanks again,

John