Subject: Panic in nncp-daemon

From: John Goerzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 23:09:16 -0500

Hi Sergey,

Got another panic for you, this time in nncp-daemon.

I am wanting to set up a nncp-daemon that knows about a bunch of 
peers, but only is willing to talk directly to a few.  Following 
the hint at http://www.nncpgo.org/CfgNeigh.html, I removed 
noisepub from all those that I don't wish to be able to speak 
with.

Unfortunately, even a connection from one I DO with to be able to 
speak with caused this, if other nodes in the config have no 
noisepub:

panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer 
dereference
[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x0 
pc=0x60c3e2]

goroutine 21 [running]:
go.cypherpunks.ru/nncp/v7.(*SPState).StartR(0xc00016a000, 
0x7f5c6ffd51d8, 0xc000144510, 0x0, 0x0)
	/meta/j/jgoerzen/nncp-7.5.1/src/sp.go:552 +0x602
main.performSP(0xc0000cf360, 0x7f5c6ffd51d8, 0xc000144510, 
0xc0000dc438, 0x13, 0xff, 0xc0000962a0)
	/meta/j/jgoerzen/nncp-7.5.1/src/cmd/nncp-daemon/main.go:56 
	+0x11b
created by main.main.func2
	/meta/j/jgoerzen/nncp-7.5.1/src/cmd/nncp-daemon/main.go:244 
	+0x10e

Thanks,

John