Subject: Re: nncp-bundle, nncp-caller, and .seen not working?

From: John Goerzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 11:56:05 -0600

On Wed, Jan 06 2021, Sergey Matveev wrote:

> That is why nncp-exec packets can not be chunked, can not be big 
> and no
> temporary files are made, because anyway those -exec packets are
> relatively small (well, actually there could be multimegabyte 
> email
> messages, but I assume that NNCP is running on computers with 
> multiple
> hundreds MB of RAM). Their "nature" is to be streamed inside 
> some
> command, then tossed, repeated again if it fail. If they are 
> big, then
> nncp-file must be used for data transfer itself (chunked, 
> reassembled,
> and so on).

Thank you for the new update and all your work on NNCP.  This will 
be a very nice improvement!

The option to use an encrypted temporary file for nncp-exec will 
be perfect for me and the temp file solution is fine.  chunked for 
NNCP isn't important for my use case; although the files are 
sometimes many GB in size, that is still smaller than the 
transport (whether network or airgapped) and thus the resumable 
transfers are sufficient for my needs.

Thanks again!

- John