Subject: [EN] NNCP 5.5.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 18:31:42 +0300

I am pleased to announce NNCP 5.5.0 release availability!

NNCP (Node to Node copy) is a collection of utilities simplifying
secure store-and-forward files and mail exchanging.

This utilities are intended to help build up small size (dozens of
nodes) ad-hoc friend-to-friend (F2F) statically routed darknet
delay-tolerant networks for fire-and-forget secure reliable files, file
requests, Internet mail and commands transmission. All packets are
integrity checked, end-to-end encrypted (E2EE), explicitly authenticated
by known participants public keys. Onion encryption is applied to
relayed packets. Each node acts both as a client and server, can use
push and poll behaviour model.

Out-of-box offline sneakernet/floppynet, dead drops, sequential and
append-only CD-ROM/tape storages, air-gapped computers support. But
online TCP daemon with full-duplex resumable data transmission exists.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* Bugfixes in "nncp-call(er)"/"nncp-daemon", "nncp-bundle" and
  "nncp-stat".

* "nncp-rm" has "-dryrun" and "-older" options now.

* "nncp-exec" has "-use-tmp" and "-nocompress" options now.
  Uncompressed packets are not compatible with previous NNCP
  versions.

* "nncp-call", "nncp-caller" and "nncp-daemon" commands have
  "-autotoss*" options for running tosser after call is ended.

* Updated dependencies.

* Administration notes section appeared in documentation:
  http://www.nncpgo.org/Administration.html

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

NNCP's home page is: http://www.nncpgo.org/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-5.5.0.tar.xz (1161 KiB)
    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-5.5.0.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: EF0CBEE1 520BE97D A210794C 172BF444 E6F75DB2 84F5BD05 66919193 326AED77
GPG key ID: 0x2B25868E75A1A953 NNCP releases <[email-masked]>
Fingerprint: 92C2 F0AE FE73 208E 46BF  F3DE 2B25 868E 75A1 A953

Please send questions regarding the use of NNCP, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/pipermail/nncp-devel/

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF