Subject: Re: [EN] NNCP 5.5.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 12:45:16 +0300

Greetings!

*** John Goerzen [2021-01-07 15:23]:
>	previous declaration at 	golang.org/x/term/term_unix_aix.go:9:26

It looks like your Go thinks he is both AIX and Linux. I have copied
golang.org/x/term without any modifications from the upstream. I assume
that you probably have old Go version what does not know anything about
AIX and does not treat "_aix" as a build-tag. As I can see, firstly it
appeared https://github.com/golang/go/commit/bf8e6b70276ddfd3e070964542020fe782c1eec8
at 2018 year.

Currently (in develop branch) NNCP uses golang.org/x/term instead of
golang.org/x/crypto/ssh/terminal, that anyway depends on golang.org/x/term.
So that "term" dependency anyway is there and upstream has knowledge
about AIX. I suggest you to update your Go, that will also bring
performance benefits as a rule. Or just: find . -name \*_aix.go -delete

I have tried Go 1.10 -- the same problem as you have.
I have tried Go 1.11 -- same problem.
I have tried Go 1.12 -- build/test is ok.

So I will update documentation and raise Go's 1.10+ version to 1.12.

I have found some Ubuntu virtual machine image and tested building on
it with the golang-go taken from repository (go1.13.8) -- builds fine.

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF