Subject: Re: nncp-bundle, nncp-caller, and .seen not working?

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 17:08:27 +0300

Greetings!

*** John Goerzen [2020-12-30 00:37]:
>I noticed that nncp-bundle put incoming data in a directory named for the
>local self's id, while nncp-caller put incoming data in a directory named for
>the neighbor's id.  Perhaps that's the issue?

Of course that was a bug. I do not know (or remember?) why it is not
placed in the sender's rx/ directory, but in the self's one. nncp-toss
worked anyway, because sender/recipient information is taken from
packet's header. I have fixed that in:
http://www.git.cypherpunks.ru/?p=nncp.git;a=commit;h=87245f236b40415c6e30fbaee18cdaf46b7f5c57
You can try it just by overwriting nncp-bundle/main.go file and
rebuilding it.

By the way, I plan to add ability to create uncompressed nncp-exec
packets. Currently nncp-exec always compresses the data inside, because
originally it was used only for email transmission. I will add another
plain packet type and an additional command line option for nncp-exec.
Everything will stay the same and backwards compatibility with existing
nncp-exec-generated packets won't break. After that I will create new
release with current nncp-bundle fix and documentation updates.

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF