Subject: [EN] NNCP 8.7.0 release announcement

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 16:57:06 +0300

I am pleased to announce NNCP 8.7.0 release availability!

NNCP (Node to Node copy) is a collection of utilities simplifying
secure store-and-forward files and mail exchanging.

This utilities are intended to help build up small size (dozens of
nodes) ad-hoc friend-to-friend (F2F) statically routed darknet
delay-tolerant networks for fire-and-forget secure reliable files, file
requests, Internet mail and commands transmission. All packets are
integrity checked, end-to-end encrypted (E2EE), explicitly authenticated
by known participants public keys. Onion encryption is applied to
relayed packets. Each node acts both as a client and server, can use
push and poll behaviour model. Also there is multicasting areas support.

Out-of-box offline sneakernet/floppynet, dead drops, sequential and
append-only CD-ROM/tape storages, air-gapped computers support. But
online TCP daemon with full-duplex resumable data transmission exists.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

The main improvements for that release are:

* "nncp-ack" does not acknowledge ACK-packets, preventing an endless
  loop of ACKs.

* "nncp-ack" previously did not remove corresponding "hdr/" files.

* "nncp-rm" now takes list of packet from "stdin" when "-pkt" option
  is used.

* "nncp-ack" now generates list of ACK packets it created, that could
  be used as an input to "nncp-rm" to remove outbound ACK packets.

------------------------ >8 ------------------------

NNCP's home page is: http://www.nncpgo.org/

Source code and its signature for that version can be found here:

    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-8.7.0.tar.xz (1670 KiB)
    http://www.nncpgo.org/download/nncp-8.7.0.tar.xz.sig

SHA256 hash: ED488FFD 7D88028B DD64386B EC4AD911 6F7DA088 1FB1E628 493D2F2B BBD1E868
GPG key ID: 0x2B25868E75A1A953 NNCP releases <[email-masked]>
Fingerprint: 92C2 F0AE FE73 208E 46BF  F3DE 2B25 868E 75A1 A953

There are mirrors where you can also get the source code tarballs:
http://www.nncpgo.org/Mirrors.html

Please send questions regarding the use of NNCP, bug reports and patches
to mailing list: http://lists.cypherpunks.ru/nncp_002ddevel.html

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: CF60 E89A 5923 1E76 E263  6422 AE1A 8109 E498 57EF