Subject: Back to gvisor.dev/gvisor

From: Sergey Matveev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 17:43:33 +0300

Greetings!

Some time ago NNCP depended on Google's gvisor.dev/gvisor, to be able to
work with Yggdrasil peers. But it has huge number of dependencies, so
there was inet.af/netstack fork, that included only the needed small
part of it.

Unfortunately I discovered that it does not build under Go 1.19 anymore.
Several files are explicitly marked as non-buildable under that version
of Go. Probably it is just for safety reasons, because when I removed
those "!go1.19" tags -- everything *seems* to work, but I am not
completely sure.

But inet.af/netstack is officially obsolete now, because Go 1.17 has
ability of lazy modules loading: https://github.com/inetaf/netstack/issues/4

So I moved NNCP back to gvisor.dev/gvisor, without any noticeable growth
of go.sum file. However that requires Go 1.17 now. As I remember, there
were some issues on 32-bit platforms with gvisor, but, as I can see in
their commit messages, they seem to be testing it under those systems now.

-- 
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)
OpenPGP: 12AD 3268 9C66 0D42 6967  FD75 CB82 0563 2107 AD8A