Subject: Re: [nncp-devel] EOF while decoding 8 bytes / message authentication failed

From: Frank Doepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:32:37 +0100 (CET)

Am 20.12.19 um 12:01 schrieb Sergey Matveev:

> Each node could have its own onlinedeadline value, independent from
> remote side. So if our local node is told to use 60 seconds, but remote
> one uses default 10 seconds, then that remote node will close connection
> anyway after that 10 seconds (if no SP packets are passed during that
> time).
>
> For example my remote node (gw.stargrave.org) is configured to use 3600
> seconds and I call it locally:
>
>     % date ; nncp-call -onlinedeadline 10 gw.stargrave.org:main ; date
>     Fr. 20 Dez. 2019 11:47:15 MSK
>     2019-12-20T08:47:15Z Connection to gw.stargrave.org
>     2019-12-20T08:47:25Z Finished call with gw.stargrave.org: 32 KiB received (32 KiB/sec), 32 KiB transferred (32 KiB/sec)
>     Fr. 20 Dez. 2019 11:47:25 MSK
>
>     % date ; nncp-call -onlinedeadline 60 gw.stargrave.org:main ; date
>     Fr. 20 Dez. 2019 11:47:31 MSK
>     2019-12-20T08:47:31Z Connection to gw.stargrave.org
>     2019-12-20T08:48:31Z Finished call with gw.stargrave.org: 32 KiB received (32 KiB/sec), 32 KiB transferred (32 KiB/sec)
>     Fr. 20 Dez. 2019 11:48:31 MSK
>
> So it works as expected. I also checked that configuration file's call
> settings onlinedeadline works too.

Thanks for clarification, I missed that this is an option at both ends.

If the connection should end after the smaller of both ends' value, I
wonder why "nncp-call -onlinedeadline 2 otherhost" still lasts exactly 10
seconds in my case (empty queue on both sides, no onlinedeadline config
line in config file).

How to set -onlinedeadline for nncp-daemon?

NNCP version 5.2.1 built with go1.12.9

Big thanks and best regards,
Frank