Subject: [nncp-devel] Problems getting NNCP 4.0 to compile

From: "Shawn K. Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:54:00 -0500

First, it should be noted that NNCP 4.0 appears to require at least Go
1.11 or later. The 1.10 that comes with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS won't cut it
anymore.

Even after upgrading to Go 1.12, I wind up getting this when trying to
build:

skquinn@moonpatrol:~/usr/src/nncp-4.0$ make
cd /home/skquinn/usr/src/nncp-4.0/src/cypherpunks.ru/nncp ;
GOPATH=/home/skquinn/usr/src/nncp-4.0/gopath go build -mod=vendor
-ldflags "-X cypherpunks.ru/nncp.Version=4.0 -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultCfgPath=/usr/local/etc/nncp.yaml -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultSendmailPath=/usr/sbin/sendmail -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultSpoolPath=/var/spool/nncp -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultLogPath=/var/spool/nncp/log"
cypherpunks.ru/nncp/cmd/nncp-bundle
build flag -mod=vendor only valid when using modules
common.mk:51: recipe for target 'nncp-bundle' failed
make: *** [nncp-bundle] Error 1

Changing common.mk not to include -mod=vendor fares no better:

skquinn@moonpatrol:~/usr/src/nncp-4.0$ make
cd /home/skquinn/usr/src/nncp-4.0/src/cypherpunks.ru/nncp ;
GOPATH=/home/skquinn/usr/src/nncp-4.0/gopath go build  -ldflags "-X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.Version=4.0 -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultCfgPath=/usr/local/etc/nncp.yaml -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultSendmailPath=/usr/sbin/sendmail -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultSpoolPath=/var/spool/nncp -X
cypherpunks.ru/nncp.DefaultLogPath=/var/spool/nncp/log"
cypherpunks.ru/nncp/cmd/nncp-bundle
# cypherpunks.ru/nncp
../../../gopath/src/cypherpunks.ru/nncp/ctx.go:115:17: invalid
operation: s.Bavail * int64(s.Bsize) (mismatched types uint64 and int64)
common.mk:51: recipe for target 'nncp-bundle' failed
make: *** [nncp-bundle] Error 2

What could I be missing?

-- 
Shawn K. Quinn <[email-masked]>
http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com